Today I want to share with you guys a review of a product that I am really excited about. As most of you know, most of my photos are shot with my iPhone 4s. The one downside of the camera on my phone is that it does not take detailed micro shots. After researching lenses for the iPhone, I came across a 3-in-one lens called the Olloclip.
What is the Olloclip?:
Price: $69.99 ( Mine was purchased from Bestbuy in the United States) www.Olloclip.com
capture the image you want ( From the olloclip website)
“The olloclip is a quick-connect lens solution for the iPhone that includes fisheye, wide-angle and macro lenses in one small, convenient package that easily fits in your pocket. Nestled in the palm of your hand, the olloclip connects to the iPhone within seconds so you’ll be sure to capture the image you want…if you don’t see the picture you’re looking for just flip it over to switch lenses.
What comes inside
Right when I received my olloclip I decided to experiment right away. The first image below was taken with the Micro lens. Off the bat I knew that the micro lens was going to be my favorite one. The Macro lens applies roughly a 10X multiplier. As you can see in the photo below, the detail is quite amazing. I did not have to alter the “strength” of this image to receive the sharpness.
Wide angle lens:
The first image below was taken with the wide angled lens. The second shot was taken with my iPhone. Both shots were taken from the same spot. in the first image you can see the light post where as in the second one you can’t. I managed to capture the SUV and some of the house next door as well with the lens. This lens is perfect for when you want to capture that extra field of view. It captures double what the iPhone does.
Pros and Cons
- Price: Decent price for what you are getting
- Simple to set up
- Lenses are easy to switch on and off
- light weight, lenses fit in your pocket, they do not take up too much room
- Easy to work with. You do not need to be a professional to use these lenses
- Can be found easily, either online or at Bestbuy, Apple, Blacks ect
- The wide angled lenses capture more depth than the iphone
- Macro lenses capture up 10x more.
- You can’t use the front facing camera with these lenses
- Case must be off, it does not fit with the case on
- For the Micro lens you need to have a steady hand or the image becomes blurry
- Fish eye lens comes with with a black border around the image ( easy to remove on Photoshop.
That’s the end of my review, so far I am really enjoying this product. I’m excited to see how my shots turn out. I will make sure to share it with you guys. If you own one, feel free to share your experience with in the comments below.
Thank you for stopping by!
Disclaimer: All opinions are my own, I purchased this product myself. The first two images are from the olloclip website so is the first blurb describing the product.